Michael Siladi's Resumé
Senior Programmer/Analyst position with an emphasis on Unix software development, IT application support and quality customer relationships.
Summary of Qualifications
- Expert in Unix shell script programming – Bourne, Korn and "C" shells, PERL and Rexx, and unix utilities (sed, awk, vi, grep, make).
- Expert with Autosys and Autosys Adapter for PeopleSoft process scheduling system in the Unix environment, Unix cron scheduling, and similar mainframe MVS tools.
- Designed and implemented file transfer mechanisms, using FTP, Secure FTP and PGP/GPG encryption, in support of file transfers between internal corporate systems and external vendors.
- PeopleSoft Student Administration System experience, in both system administration and development, and as developer of an automated batch processing system for PeopleSoft tasks.
- Programming experience ranging from simple applications built with database systems (FoxPro, FileMaker) to intermediate-level systems utilizing shell scripting languages and utilities to complex systems built with high-level languages (C, C++, Pascal, COBOL, Fortran) to operating systems maintenance and enhancement (assembler, C)
- Competent at HTML coding, including tables, forms, frames and style sheets, plus java scripts and PERL/CGI scripts.
- Written SQL programs for a variety of database systems, including Oracle PL/SQL, Sybase, MySQL, FoxPro, and others.
Stanford University Stanford, CA 1997-2002
- Autosys job scheduler, including Autosys Adapter for PeopleSoft
- Unix shell programming in C, Bourne and Korn shells, with Rexx, Awk and Perl scripting languages.
- SQL scripts for both Oracle and Sybase, including Oracle PL/SQL programming.
- PeopleSoft Student Administration system maintenance tools, including PeopleTools, Process Scheduler, Process Monitor, and other PeopleSoft utilities.
- Basic HTML coding, including using forms, tables, frames and style sheets.
Principal Systems Analyst PeopleSoft Student Administration system 1999-2002
- Designed Batch Processing system for PeopleSoft using Autosys, Autosys Adapter for PeopleSoft and cron. Developed standardized scripts for job implementation.
- Developed and implemented dozens of automated batch processing jobs, running in numerous development, test and production environments, involving hundreds of Unix Bourne, "C", and Korn shell scripts, Unix utilities, and occasional short SQL scripts.
- Designed and implemented file transfer mechanism, using FTP, Secure FTP and PGP/GPG encryption, in support of file transfers both to PeopleSoft from internal systems and external vendors, and from PeopleSoft to Stanford clients and vendors.
- Applied patches and system maintenance to PeopleSoft SA system.
- Managed PeopleSoft weekly Production Control meetings.
- Provided 24x7 batch processing support.
- Participated in on-going PeopleSoft technical coordination meetings.
Technical Lead Informs Student Information System/Financial Aid 1997-2002
- Converted manual jobs to fully automated processes using Autosys and Zeke process schedulers running both Unix "C" and Bourne shell scripts and MVS jobs.
- Automated nightly Batch Summary reports, converting 3½-hour manual task to two minute automated process, using Unix shell scripts and utilities, resulting in considerable manpower savings.
- Provided system maintenance and administration support, including applying patches, installing maintenance releases, and solving system failures and problems.
- Participated in implementation of Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system linked to Financial Aid system.
- Provided on-going system performance monitoring and tuning.
- Coordinated weekly NSI/FA Production Control meeting.
- Managed monthly Financial Aid/TSS technical coordination meetings.
- Participated in ITSS Change Management system (on-going).
- Provided support for annual federal FISAP audit of Financial Aid, including working with Central Financial Aid Office staff and Law School, Business School and Medical School FA staff.
- Managed on-going transition of legacy Financial Aid system from full nightly production "system of record" to archival reference, including preparing system for 5+ years of archival stand-by capability. Coordinated FAO staff, Unix system administrators, Sybase DBAs, and other staff to implement transition.
Light Touch Marketing Support Services Santa Clara, CA 1994-1997
MIS Manager/Programmer for data entry & data management service component of company.
- Managed data entry staff of five, plus outside data entry vendors.
- Trained and directed data management staff.
- Conversion from "personality based" to "process based" procedures.
- Selected and installed of networking hardware and software.
- Analysis, design and programming of database applications on PC and Unix systems.
- Advice on issues related to small business development and management.
Information Systems Consultant 1993-1997
Consulting to small and start-up businesses regarding software development, MIS and management issues.
- C and C++ programming for Unix-based data repository
- Analysis, design and programming of database applications.
- Software development project management.
- Specification and implementation of client/server applications.
- Selection and installation of networking hardware and software.
- Analysis and redesign of user interface designs in Windows applications.
- Advice on issues related to small business development and management.
JIAN Tools For Sales, Inc. Los Altos, CA 1988-1992
Management and technical support for a start-up software publishing company.
- Directed product development and acquisition, including contract negotiation.
- Managed product development teams.
- Programmed applications for software products for PC and Macintosh systems.
- Created and supervised customer technical support services.
- Served as primary contact with technology companies regarding technology issues.
- Represented JIAN at Software Publishing Association conferences and participated in Special Interest Groups.
- Worked with graphic artists, commercial book printers and software duplication services to produce deliverable products.
- Managed the specification, development and utilization of MIS infrastructure (hardware, software and services).
Signetics Corporation (Phillips Semiconductor) Sunnyvale, CA 1982-1988
Member of VM Systems Software team providing support for 1,000+ internal users.
- Developed End-user productivity tools in Rexx, Pascal and assembly language.
- Designed and implemented system software modifications.
- Resolved system failures (Abends).
- Installed and provided on-going support for VM program products such as VMTAPE, VMBACKUP, VMARCHIVE, PROFS Email, RSCS, PVM, DIRMAINT, SIM3278.
- Led VM Systems Software team participating in Data Center Relocation project.
- Created and implemented Change Management System.
- Organized corporate Personal Computer Standards Task Force.
- Supported installation of unix-based IC design , including hardware and software.
- Provided education and training of junior staff members.
BayCon San Jose, CA.
Managed an all-volunteer staff to host BayCon, a major annual 4-day convention attended by 2,000 writers, artists and fans with an interest in science fiction and fantasy literature and media. Most recently, chaired BayCon 2002.
- Developed and executed business plan for convention, including programming theme, staffing requirements, budgets, and facilities coordination.
- Planned and managed budget to consistently produce profitable conventions.
- Managed over 80 pre-convention staff, organized into Administrative, Programming and Operations Divisions, throughout an 18-month production cycle.
- Directed an "at convention" staff of 200+
Artistic Solutions, Inc. Mountain View, CA
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, June 1995–Present.
- Member of Board of Directors, May 1982–Present
San Francisco Science Fiction Conventions, Inc. San Francisco, CA
SFSFC, Inc., is a non-profit, IRS 501-C-3 corporation whose mission is to sponsor a variety of educational conferences in support of writers, artists and fans who share a common interest in science fiction and fantasy literature and media.
- Member of Board of Directors, January 1994–Present
- Chairman of "ConStruction" conferences in 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2002.
Science Fiction |
Last updated 10/25/2002